Eco – Friendly
- The process adopted for the manufacture of Quantra Quartz Surfaces is the ideal process with the technology to recycle and add value to solid industrial wastes having a stone consistency (glass, ceramic, mirrors, silica, terracotta, etc.), enabling to manufacture products boasting of high performances, aesthetically pleasant in appearance and with a high added value.
- More than 90%of Quantra Quartz Surfaces are composed of inert material with a stone consistency, which is usually quartz, granite, marble and natural stone, in general, coming from either crushed waste stone left over in quarries or recycled industrial wastes, such as fragments of ceramic, silica, glass, mirrors, etc.
- Pokarna is now poised to launch Quartz Surfaces with vegetable sources, such as Biolenic Resin®, more than 50% of which contains “non-food vegetable oil”.
Bio – Friendly
- Quantra Quartz Surface is environmentally friendly and safe for man and the environment.
- It does not contain nor does it releases harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC-free), therefore it can be safely used inside buildings.
- By its nature, Quantra Quartz Surface is bacteriostatic; therefore it’s ideal to make worktops, both at private and public locations.
- Quantra Quartz Surface is also “food-contact proof”, therefore, it’s most suitable for house applications (kitchen tops) and food distribution centers (restaurants and caterings).
Eco – Sustainable
- The processing plant for manufacture of Quantra Quartz Surfaces does not pollute but preserves the environmental balance.
- It does not release any polluting gaseous or sound emissions in the atmosphere.
- 94% of the water used in the production process is recycled. Solid processing residues are usually less than 15% of the raw material employed.
- The energy employed in the manufacturing is less than to 0.30 kWh per kg of finished product and if equated with the life of the product (calculated in tens of years), can be considered very insignificant.